Happy Halloween! Do you have your drinks ready? Of course, a nice glass of wine is great any evening for any occasion. However, in case you feel like whipping up something a bit more festive and fun here are a few suggestions. We feel these drinks are perfect for any older trick or treaters you might have coming over, or just to enjoy yourself. We might be 21 years (or older), but there’s still a kid in all of us.
Dark and Stormy Death Punch
From foodandwine.com, a delicious beer and run drink made fun with lychee eyeballs.
- One 20-ounce can lychees in heavy syrup
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger
- 16 brandied cherries
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces dark rum
- Three 12-ounce bottles ginger beer
- Ice cubes
- In a small saucepan, bring the lychee syrup and ginger to a boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stuff 16 lychees with brandied cherries. Set each lychee in the cup of a mini muffin pan or in an ice cube tray. Strain the lychee-ginger syrup and pour it over the lychees. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a pitcher, stir the sugar into the lime juice until dissolved. Add the rum and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Unmold the lychee ice cubes into a small punch bowl. Pour in the lime-rum mixture. Add the ginger beer, stir gently and serve in ice-filled glasses.
Blood Peach Bellini
Many often think of a bellini as a cool, Summer drink, but with this combination you can get the right color (an taste) for a perfect Halloween evening.
- 4 ounces chilled Prosecco
- 1/2 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce white peach puree (see Note)
- 1/2 ounce grenadine, preferably EO (see Note) or homemade
In a pint glass, gently stir all of the ingredients. Pour the drink into a chilled flute.
Ghostly Wine Spritzer Recipe
This white wine spritzer offers a fun and lighter drink. Plus, it glows! According to winefolly.com, the quinine is the secret ingredient that makes tonic water glow under a black light. Since tonic ice cubes have a habit of melting quickly, there’s no need for added mixers.
- 5 ounces Vinho Verde (preferred), Sauvignon Blanc, Grüner Veltliner, Verdejo, Albariño or Vermentino
- Tonic Water ice cubes
Make Tonic Water Ice Cubes If you make the tonic water flat before pouring into an ice tray, it will melt less quickly.
Place cubes in a large wine glass, pour white wine over ice and serve.
Have A Happy Halloween!